Yea, I know it's kind of late considering that the Championships were on Saturday, but it was a big disappointment. Not only did we fail to get into the finals, we did not even get any awards. Our hard work was for nothing. Our determination was evidently not enough. What really gets to me is that it really is the end. The hours that we've spent working, learning the game, knowing the game like its the back of our hands, testing, worrying, it's all over now, and it has resulted in nothing. No trophy, award, or title will recognize everything that we have done. I am indeed sad to see it go, but I have accepted total unconditional defeat. The journey has ended, short of what I had aimed for, but nevertheless, it has ended.
We weren't good enough to take the title as a champion. We were only good enough to get to the semi-finals and fail. We were so close too. It was a pretty intense match, I'll admit that, but in the end, we did not prevail. The robot performed as it was supposed to, but I was not able to control it as I was supposed to. I failed :(. There were also technical problems outside of our control.
The one last chance, to qualify for world, was within reach, but in the end, we were not able to win :'(.
Overall we did pretty well. We were able to defeat every team except for team 687-Epsilon. That I am proud of, but again, we were unable to make it past the semi-finals.
VEX Elevation which has once occupied such a large portion of both my conscious and unconscious mind is now going to be put to rest. I'll get a few of the videos of our matches onto youtube soon, so be sure to check that.
Now, I move onto FTC in hopes that I will succeed at least one of my goals in robotics this year. Cheers to all CAMS team! Carry on the name that has been mentioned in awe worldwide thanks to the victory at Pan Pacific.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment