Alright! I haven't updated this thing in forever. Sorry about that, but school > all things at CAMS, that includes sleep, health, and life. It's not that anyone reads this thing anyway right? I'm really just ranting to myself.
So, I discovered from a few of my recent experiences that I think everyone will benefit from. In a world where everyone seems to go about their day to day business. Where events seem to blend in along with everything else in the great rush, people don't really pay much attention to others. By others, I mean people who you interact with, but are strangers, such as the guy at the cash register, that one secretary at the DMV, the banker that you talked to etc.
My tip of the day is simple: Before going about your business with the person, take a moment to say hello and give a small smile. This lets the person know that you recognize their existence as a person, and not as a machine who is only there to serve you, even if that is their job. Small courtesies such as hello's and thank you's will go a long way, and will improve both your experience and the other person's experience.
Try it out! I did, certainly helped make things a lot more pleasant for me and I receive much better service.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey thuan! finally, an update. yeah I've stopped saying hi to ppl and it just deteriorates relationships with acquaintances. you should add that in
I read this! Just wanted to let you know. =D
Post a Comment