I love summer. It's not the sheer fact that school cease to exists because it doesn't; the teachers decide to give us summer reading assignments. It's the exhilarating feeling of being able to spend your time as you wish. It feels absolutely amazing to be able to wake up in the morning and not thing about what's due the upcoming day, week, or month. It's an awesome feeling to be able to pursue my own hobbies without the sense of impending doom that accompanies the stresses and due dates of school.
It's amazing that my bed time is not whenever I can fit in, but rather, whenever I feel like sleeping. Being eased awake by the sun shining through my window is priceless. The dread of facing a Monday and the yearn for that Friday is now gone, replaced by the lazy, blending, warm days of summer. My fail attempt to be poetic, but nevertheless true.
The truth of the matter is, I don't feel busy enough this summer. Sure, rest from school is great, but I don't want to feel as though I'm wasting my time and accomplishing nothing. Can you believe it? We've already spent 2 years in high school. It's amazing how fast time flies. I want to make every moment of it worth it, especially the summers.
I don't complain about the robotics meetings, classes, or, to a certain extent, the summer reading assignments. Why? Because there is absolutely no stress at all. I like robotics, I get to choose my summer classes, and the reading homework assignments are barely stress at all. I love that feeling.
The weather is getting warmer, my parents are getting sick of me sitting around all day, and my brother is getting out for summer. Summer is just getting started :).
----------------
Now playing: Jason Mraz - Summer Breeze
via FoxyTunes
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment