Thursday, August 13, 2009

Can it be? This new feeling I'm feeling? OPTIMISM?!

I have not written anything in a REALLY long time, so in honor of order to prepare for the upcoming school season, I'm going to attempt to write a blog entry to polish my rusty writing. It's become circumlocutory and extremely inarticulate.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to this upcoming year, and for a change, I feel optimistic, which is quite a new feeling. Last year was a series of groping around in the dark and falling down a couple flight of stairs, but I am hoping that this year will not be similar in anyway.
This upcoming year will become busier than ever, and as I am attempting to prepare for my inevitable sleep debt (that is a scientific term.. I think), I know what must be done. I know what must be accomplished, and I know that if junior year is a repeat of sophomore year, I will become forever pessimistic.

Why this sudden optimism? I really have no clue. Optimism and hope has never gotten me anywhere. All my encounters with optimism and hope have ended badly. Well this optimism might have to do with the sleep (and food) surplus that I've been getting. It could also be the fact that high school is almost over, and junior year is going to really matter.
As the end of summer approaches, I need to SLEEP, finish my journals, and prepare for one helluva busy year.

My goals for this upcoming year are:
GPA: 4.00
Get above 700 on all SAT II (-____-)
Learn to use the HAAS and CNC machines
Win in excellence or a chamionship title- VRC (woot woot)
Contribute to winning in FRC (maybe FTC?)
Become a more organized student
Become a better student
Get a relatively high score on the SAT Reasoning
Practice piano more
Become a better writer and speaker
Become more optimistic
Help raise enough money for our class


There are a few more that I can't think of at the moment, but all in all, that is what I am setting out to do this year. I am quite sure that this quixotic and over-idealistic attitude will die as soon as school starts, but until then, I remain an optimist. Good luck to all this upcoming year.

No comments: